Freezer Cooking with a Paleo/Primal Accent

Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Flub

It is a chilly gray winter day here in Albuquerque.  One of the reasons I moved here was the weather - Albuquerque is sunny.  The sunniest place I've ever been, with an annual rainfall of about 8 inches.  We don't know gray - and all of my family starts complaining and heading to our beds when the clouds come in.  Today seemed perfect for a cup of tea, and a muffin (paleo of course.)
  I got out my Everyday Paleo cookbook (by Sarah Fragoso) and started to make Apple Muffins, and that is where the trouble began.  This is a great cookbook, my favorite cookbook even.  I am sure her recipe is excellent - when followed.  First off, can't find the muffin tin.  Oh yeah, I think I gave it away a year ago.  After all, I don't bake anymore. A cake pan will work.  I added all the wet ingredients, then reached for the almond flour.  No almond flour.  Huh?  I have had adequate almond flour for 2 years, and now I don't?  Are you crazy?  Well, I guess I'll add in 2 Tbsp almond butter and a cup of coconut flour.  Oh wait - it's cement.  Add some more water to thin it out.  And more, and more.
Final resul - not postworthy.  I'm just going to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment