Freezer Cooking with a Paleo/Primal Accent

Friday, November 25, 2011

Sweet Potatoes


My fav dish this year was...  the gravy.  But #2 was definitely the sweet potatoes.  They were delish, and paleo.  I guess I better learn how to take better photos!

Baked Mashed Sweet Potatoes

2 or 3 quartered sweet potatoes
1/4 c canned coconut milk
2 eggs
cinnamon, salt, cardamon to taste

Cook the sweet potatoes however you want - microwave whole, boil quarters, bake etc.  Mash potatoes, mix with coconut milk.  Beat eggs well - at least a minute or 2 then mix w/ potatoes.  Add spices.  Cardamon is completely optional, but I have been on a cardamon kick recently, so it is in everything I make right now.  You can also add pecans on top.
Bake in a 350 oven until top is slightly browned.  (Took me an hour.)

Nom Nom Nom.  I love coconut milk, but it doesn't work for me in mashed potatoes, sweet or otherwise.  The eggs cut the coconutty taste, and give it more of a buttery flavor.  Plus, there is nothing wrong w/ adding a little protein to your carbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment