Freezer Cooking with a Paleo/Primal Accent

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving leftover Zuppa Tuscana

I know,  I know.  Tired of turkey, still have a fridge full of food.  No -  There will be no turkey soup.  Instead, Zuppa Toscana is on the menu.

Zuppa Toscana

1 lb ground sausage (take out of casings)
2 pc bacon, chopped
1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves
stock (I used the rest of the gravy, stock and water)
2 sliced potatoes (I used the rest of the mashed potatoes)
1 c coconut milk
1/2 bunch kale
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
salt & pepper

Fry sausage, bacon, onion, and garlic until onion is soft.  Add stock, kale, and potatoes and bring to a low boil.  When kale and potato are soft (approx 15 min) add coconut milk, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper.  Enjoy.

Now, what can I do with cranberry sauce?

No comments:

Post a Comment