Freezer Cooking with a Paleo/Primal Accent

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Slow Cooker Kahlua Pork

    I took a break from cooking for a few weeks, after all that is the point of freezer cooking.  Pork shoulder was on sale today for $1.69 a lb. Freezer cooking can help you save money, by encouraging you to buy larger quantities when things are on sale.  I aim to stock up for 3 months at a time because  sales prices often go on 3 month  cycles.  I bought 3 roasts (and immediately froze 2 uncooked)  because I expect to make 1 each month, and freezing individual portions after it is cooked.
    I am back today with a ridiculously easy recipe - Kahlua Pork.  There is no Kahlua in this recipe, it is a Hawaiian luau dish.  Instead of building a pit and cooking it in the ground, I will be cheating w/ a slow cooker.  This is my go-to recipe for pulled pork.  Serve it with a salad and sweet potatoes. You will be amazed by how good something so simple can taste.

Kahlua Pork

5 lb pork shoulder, butt roast or picnic roast
1 Tbsp liquid smoke
1 Tbsp Hawaiian sea salt (I used smoked sea salt)

Place pork in crockpot, pour liquid smoke and sea salt on all sides of pork.  Cook on low for 16-20 hrs. 

So easy and so good!  I will post some pictures in about 16 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment